Monday, May 7, 2007

Wolf Point School Tour


Looking back on my blog history it’s been about two weeks since I have been able to inform everyone on what I have been doing! Well it’s been so long not because I have been too busy but just the opposite! I sincerely have not had anything “blog worthy” to report on! Since my last blog I have just been spending my down time working at Murdoch’s (who has become one of my latest sponsors!) and continuing to keep up on preparation for this summer.

This past weekend was my first weekend back “on the job” since Lorissa’s Gala. I traveled the seven hours back to my home town of Wolf Point. Located in the far north eastern corner of Montana it is a full day drive to get there! I had been really looking forward to this weekend as it was my homecoming since I have been crowned. The tiny town of Wolf Point didn’t let me down. I was treated like nothing less than a celebrity. During my time home I visited the three elementary schools including the one I attended in grade school, the Faith Luthern Rest home, and was the guest of honor at a mixer for the Chamber of Commerce. Not only that, but I got to help my folks on the ranch halter breaking the first of the spring foals. It was a busy weekend!!

At the three elementary schools the principals introduced me to the entire schools during an assembly. I gave my “Real Cowboy” demonstration and everyone loved it. Wolf Point is very educated in rodeo merely because the oldest rodeo in Montana takes place there. It is truly one of Montana’s greatest small town rodeos with big town heart. The families in Wolf Point and beyond make a holiday of the Wolf Point Stampede. I was proud to announce I would be able to attend all three nights of the legendary rodeo. So when I asked questions like what are some of the events seen at a rodeo, the students were able to cover them all with out too much thought. I signed autographs at every school and every other stop along the way. I think after the weekend was over everyone in Wolf Point and the surrounding communities have an autographed picture of me! I even had a line outside my pickup window at the gas station as I attempted to fill up!

The next thing was the visit to the rest home. With each visit to assisted living homes and rest homes I become more appreciative of what the elderly have to offer. It can sometimes be difficult but the reward is far worth it. My family has been in Wolf Point for over 100 years so no matter where I go there is someone who knows my family. It was such a treat seeing old friends and hearing stories about new friends and how they are connected to my family.

My hope is to get back to Wolf Point as much as I can. With it being in such a north eastern corner of a huge state it would be almost impossible for me to live back home and be able to travel as much as I do. The people in Wolf Point are eager to help me in my quest to become the first girl from Montana to win Miss Rodeo America but they couldn’t be more proud of Miss Rodeo Montana being from their tiny one horse town.

No comments: