Monday, April 16, 2007

Miss Teen Rodeo Montana Gala


It has finally slowed down the past week or so where I was home long enough to do my own laundry! I was in Bozeman for the Easter weekend and spent it with some close friends. I also had a style show for the Montana State University College Rodeo Alumnus. The college rodeo has been in Bozeman 50 years this year and it welcomed back some of the graduates of MSU who were involved or competed in college rodeo for MSU. During the banquet the guests were treated with a small style show. Featured models were girls currently on the rodeo team, Myriah Allen - Miss Rodeo Montana 1999, and myself. Easter weekend had a big treat for me as well because my chaps came in the mail…finally! For the last several months I have been wearing Cassidy Han’s, Miss Rodeo Montana 2006, chaps. So thankfully Cassidy got to have her chaps back and I can wear my own now! I love them! I designed them myself and had Chuck Serr from Bismarck, North Dakota make them. As you can see in the picture, they feature my favorite color, purple!

On Friday I headed over to Billings for Lorissa’s Gala! I was so excited to see how all of her hard work paid off. I was so impressed by the set up! She had it at the Holiday Inn Atrium and many family and friends showed up to support her. I got to meet some more Montana royalty who I am sure I will spend plenty of time with this summer. Lorissa’s auction went very well. She had me helping with things here and there but she didn’t keep me busy enough to keep me away from the silent auction! I won 2 oil changes to Lithia Dodge and some note cards which always come in handy! It was such an honor to be there for Lorissa and I am sure she will comment on the fact that it was a real success!

Now I am in for a week of work at Murdoch’s before I go off on a special trip to Austin, Texas! I can’t wait and I am sure I will have some interesting comments about my trip!

No comments: