Friday, November 30, 2007

Greetings from Vegas!

Greetings from Vegas! I just thought I would update my blog one last time before checking-in for the Miss Rodeo America pageant.

My mom and I departed Bozeman on Tuesday in my pickup pulling a 4X8 UHAUL trailer packed to the brim with mulitple pairs of boots, dozens of outfits and suitcases that weighed a ton! The drive ended up being around 14 hours but we took our time and stayed near Salt Lake City Tuesday night. We were blessed with good roads most of the way and arrived in Las Vegas Wednesday afternoon.

The bell hops at the Orleans Hotel were helpful in unloading the UHAUL. Some of them have worked here many years so they were used to having to unload rodeo queens around this time of the year. I was relieved when one commented that I wasn't nearly as bad as some of the girls with the amount of boxes.

Once settled in Mom and I took some time to plan some activities I wanted to do before the pageant started. Last night we went to The Phantom of the Opera show. It was rated the best show in Vegas so we were pretty excited to be going. We both loved it! What a tragic story but the show was amazing. Today we are spending the day relaxing and catching up on rest for the long week ahead. We are both treating ourselves to a massage later!

My mom will be updating my blog throughout the week of competition so check back later to hear her perspective of how the pageant is going. You can also look at pictures from the website I listed on my last blog and of course send me emails if you want to say hi! I can't wait to update you all the next time, hopefully as Miss Rodeo America!!!!

No comments: